If you look at the market trends over the last few years, especially the last 10-15 years, you’ll realize the growing impact that digital platforms have had on the market. If you consider advertising or marketing for example, you’ll see that from a conventional mainline or traditional approach there has been a 90% shift to digital, with only 10% concentration on offline activations. There has been a phenomenal growth in paid search, organic search, Social media marketing, and off late-mobile and video marketing.
When it comes to the most popular devices used, mobile phones and smartphones are leading the pack, followed by laptops and desktops. From the last year to this year, trends haven’t really changed completely, but they have definitely evolved. Content marketing, Video marketing, Big Data are not new names, but these have continued to grow in importance over the last year to such an extent that they definitely make the list for Top Digital Marketing trends to watch out for in the coming year.
Here are the trends that a digital marketer will see this year.
- Personalizing the customer’s user journey – There’s nothing that works better than personalizing and making the user feel more involved and connected to the brand/product by means of customization and personalization. Websites have used this tool well, especially in the field of ecommerce, travel and finance. If a website or app is on our mind, you need to take this point extremely seriously. Customers are not interested in your promotional methods if they do not find a personal connect to the services or products being offered.
- Integrating Social Messaging Apps into their communication – Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger are the most widely used messaging apps today, by young and old alike. Brands and products are looking to tap more and more into these channels and inculcate their messaging to be routed through these platforms to create a desirable impact on the consumers’ minds. Imagine being able to share a product you like, on WhatsApp. Easy and convenient, isn’t it? A social messaging app icon has been an addition to the social sharing buttons on many leading websites.
- VIDEO Marketing – Video is the next big thing in the marketing world, and the most catchy content format today. Vox pop videos, quirky relatable videos and interesting trivia videos seem to be making the rounds nowadays and have extremely high share-ability among today’s youth. There was a time that YouTube was the second biggest search engine, but it’s come to a time now when it has overtaken Google as the biggest search engine out there. That goes to show the progress that video has made in terms of making an impact on Digital Marketing, creating a niche for itself in terms of customized content and style of content.
- Focusing more on Search Marketing – What this basically means is integrating search engine marketing into your content marketing strategy. Using Adwords and key word optimization goes a long way in helping you target your audiences correctly so that the desired message reaches the correct person at the correct time.
- Micro Influencers – Among all the technicalities and the jargon of the big processes, people are forgetting the main penetrative strategy that has been working so very well for businesses on social media, especially fashion and beauty brands. These Micro influencers basically act as the voice of the brand, without being direct brand advocates. They vouch for the quality of the product they endorse and influence a huge fan base to think favorably towards the product in question.
- Shifting the focus from one generation to another – A lot of our attention of late has been on the Millennials and how to grab their attention. But now the time has come to focus on the younger generations as well, to profit from the efforts in the decades to come. Generation Z as we know it, or the post millennials/ iGeneration or the homeland generation comprises of people born in the late 1990s and 2000’s. The oldest people in this generation are just about in their 20s. 2018 is the year to begin the shift of focus from Millennials to Generation z. Not completely, but the process needs to begin.
- Consumer Personalization – The best way to increase sales and engagement with the audience is to personalize your communication and send them personalized content. Chatbots do a great job as well as e-mailers with customized information in terms of name, date, data etc. Imagine you’re insured with a company that sends out information that is relevant to you as well as policy and countdown mailers with your name, and premium amount mentioned each time. Makes you feel important doesn’t it? This kind of information sharing goes a long way in terms of adding to the bond between the consumer and the business.
Now that you have all this information in store, let’s get to the next step- building and marketing your product. Have an idea in mind? Let’s discuss! Connect with a specialist at Flynaut right away! Toll free number (833-FLYNAUT)